Monday, July 8, 2013

So far in a nutshell

So besides the post that nearly started WW3 lol, I've pretty much been MIA. I've just been so busy! Or tired. Something. Quick update:

1. I graduated college! *takes a minute to jump and scream and shout* that's right folks, I am the proud owner of my degree in paralegal studies!! Great day, great feeling, great big sigh of relief! And then I get to do it again in two years when I'm done with my bachelors degree. Assuming UB hasn't killed me first. As stressful as it is, I still say I'd be a permanent student, because I really am that dork who likes learning. That and I don't want to face my student loan bills when I am finally done!

2. Finished my first 5k in 38 minutes!!! Two years ago I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded. Fast forward, and I'm over 80lbs down and running! It's work, and it's hard, but I was so proud of our team when we crossed the finish line. I'm gonna beat that time tho, I want to finish my next 5k in 30 mins or less.

3. My baby is a high schooler!! #1 passed, he passed, thank god almighty he passed! He scrapped by just barely in social and math, but his gpa was the highest it's ever been. So next year he is an official high school freshman. I am not old enough to have a child in high school! (No really, I'm not. Teen mom and all) I am so freaking proud of him, and so sad at the same time. My baby is not a baby anymore, and in a few short years he'll be moving off to college!

4. Winners of the coolest parents ever award goes to: we surprised the dudes with a one week trip to disney. Completely surprised, had no clue. The look on #1's face was PRICELESS. #2 was more excited about the balloons that came pouring out of the box lol. We had an amazing time, minus the few temper tantrums along the way. How could you not tho, it's DISNEY!! I swear next time I'm just gonna hide out in the castle and live there forever. It is magical.

5. I survived my first UB semester! 3.5 gpa, and let me just say I was mad! I've never gotten less then a 3.9. My OCD anal retentiveness won't let me get anything lower. I know it's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, and juggling a full time job, two kids and a hubs, and the gym three times a week plus full time school is a lot for anyone, but still. Oh well, I passed, whoop whoop! Now it's time to get ready to apply to business management school. *gulp*

6. Happy anniversary! The hubs and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary! (Awwwww) it seems like longer, probably because we've been together since I was 18. But there was a time that I thought we weren't going to make it to a one year wedding anniversary. A relationship takes work, and effort, and we've done that, and we're stronger today then we ever have been. Not saying that there aren't days I wouldn't mind burying him in the backyard lmao, but overall, I done good!

7. Happy birthday! #2 turned 4. *wails* why do my babies have to grow so fast? Next year he'll graduate preschool and start kindergarten. Sigh.

I think that's it? I'm sure I forgot something, I'm old and my mind isn't what it used to be lol. I have been busy busy busy. I'm ready for a vacation and a glass of wine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment