Monday, November 19, 2012

Here We Go!

T Minus four days until we leave for New York City!

We are surprising #1 with a weekend in the city for his thirteenth birthday. (I am frantically trying to ignore that my first born, beautiful baby boy is flat out going to be a teenager. I am going to weep, and then bury my head in a tub of chocolate cookie dough ice cream. But since that's probably a million WW points, I guess I'll just have to bury my head in some veggie sticks. SOB!)

I am totally excited!! I have never been to NYC before. I am salivating over all the possibilities, The Rock, Tiffany's, Central Park, Natural Museum of History, Tiffany's, Serendipity, Tiffany's, FAO Schwartz, Times Square, Tiffany's....do I sense a theme here? (Theoretically, I hope I can convince #1 that he must go see the 8th wonder of the world, and all of it's sparkly splendor, but somehow I don't see that happening.) Have you ever been to NYC? Any places I can't miss? Any places I should cross off my list? We have a day and a half in the city, so it's not tons of time, but we are trying to make the most of the time we have.

NYC isn't completely up and running, but it's getting there. If I didn't know better, I would have said Mother Nature was having a good laugh at my expense, since Sandy was born the day after I booked the hotel.

It has taken all of my self control not to tell #1 either. I totally want to jump up and down on the couch, and go "Guess freaking what???!!!" But that will spoil the surprise. Although he may guess something when we wake him up at the crack of dawn to "go shopping," and we don't stop in one mall for eight hours. Maybe he'll sleep the whole way?

I'm nervous about #2. He's three going on thirteen, so he thinks he can do everything all on his own. He wants to walk by himself, and if no one has to hold any ones hand, then he doesn't have to either. And to top it all off, he's a darter! I never thought I would be one of those moms who puts a backpack leash on their kid, but I'm telling you I am one clothes rack peek a boo game away from buying one in all styles! I don't him to get lost, or worse... Big dudes shoulders can only take so much, and the tiny tot refuses strollers, wagons, carts..oh boy. I see a lot of meltdowns in our future, but I'm hopeful that I'm wrong. Just in case, does anyone have any distraction techniques?

Wish us luck, fun, and happy journeys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment