Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanks For.....

I'm a little late, but you have to forgive me. Between Thanksgiving, and making sure everyone came home from NYC in one piece, I'm surprised I remember my name right now!

It's that time of year again folks!

Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and between the frantic cleaning, cooking, homework, calgon take me away craziness that always ensues, its time to take a minute to count our blessings, and look at what we are thankful for!

I am thankful for the permanent marker drawings on the wall. (Oh yes, he did!) It means I have a three year old, when others struggle for that very thing. (It also means that #2 is not afraid of me and thinks he can just be cute and cuddly and snuggly and all will be forgiven.....Ok, I'm a sucker for a bear hug!)

I am thankful for my conversations about girls, and school, and swim practices. It means #1 trusts me enough to talk to me about what is going on in his life. (Although I have to admit, conversations about girls is making me go grey well before my time!)

I am thankful for my love, my heart, my everything. It means that after almost fourteen years, he is still my all, and even in our worst moments, we've stuck it out and made it out the other side. (Although I swear, if you dutch oven me one more time..........)

I am thankful for the mess in my house. It means this is a home, and we live here. It means we play, and laugh, and run and jump, and spend time together.

I am thankful for my family squabbles. It means my family is still here to squabble with.

I am thankful for the taxes I pay. It means I am employed, and can provide for my family.

I am thankful for the gazillion pounds I will gain this holiday season. It means that we can afford food. (Please god not a gazillion!)

I am thankful for my homework. It means I am getting an education, and that five weeks from today, I will graduate!

I am thankful for the knock down drag out fights  over the last piece of pumpkin pie with my friends. It's the friends part I'm thankful for, but if you don't put down that pie, I'll hurt you!

I am thankful for the new memories that will be created, and the memories that have already been.

I am thankful for the tears I have shed, and the smiles that have seen the light of day. I am thankful for bed time stories, and "Ah, he pooped on me!" I am thankful for bruised knees, and butterfly kisses; for a lifetime of anniversaries, and a past mixed with mistakes. It means I have lived. It means I am alive, and full of family, and love, and hopes and dreams.

What are you thankful for this year?






0 comments:

Post a Comment